I am Vinay, a second-year graduate student in the Computer Sciences Department at The University of Wisconsin-Madison. I am part of the ADSL lab, advised by Prof. Andrea Arpaci-Dusseau and Prof. Remzi Arpaci-Dusseau. My current focus is on building new Data-Intensive computing paradigms on persistent memory.
Previously, I was a Systems Engineer at Hewlett Packard Enterprise RnD Labs and a remote Research Fellow at Systems and Storage Lab, University of Texas at Austin under the guidance of Prof. Vijay Chidambaram.
My research interest is computer systems:
Non-volatile memory, storage systems, operating systems, and systems for ML.
|Mar 12, 2020||Our paper CIED - rapid composability of rack scale resources using Capability Inference Engine across Datacenters has been accepted at IEEE Infrastructure 2020!|
|Feb 14, 2020||GDPRbench has been accepted at VLDB 2020!|
|Sep 20, 2019||Won first prize in TechnoBiz track at 8th IEEE international conference on Cloud Computing in Emerging Markets (CCEM)|
Patents and Publications
Understanding and Benchmarking the Impact of GDPR on Database Systems Very Large Data Bases (VLDB) 2020, 2019
Intent driven hardware placement recommendation using rack capability inference engine across datacenters Patent filed - 201941028122, 2019
Analyzing the Impact of GDPR on Storage Systems 11th USENIX Workshop on Hot Topics in Storage and File Systems (HotStorage). 2019
Intelligent orchestration of disaggregated applications based on class of service Patent filed - 201941004407, 2019
Preemptive compatibility failure detection using graph structure learning in datacenters US patent filed - 16/168821 and HPE TechCon’19, 2018
Topology based root cause triangulation of hardware issues in datacentres US patent filed - 16/048291, 2018
- Artifact Evaluation committee member:
- Review committee member: HPE TechCon 2020
- Invited speaker: Virtue insight Blockchain 2019 conference -- How GDPR is a double edged sword for Blockchain, HPE TechCon 2019 -- Preemptive compatibility failure detection using graph structure learning in datacenters, HPE Software Defined Cloud Group Technical Symposium -- Generic DMTF Redfish device management in datacenters
- Open source contributions: Apache Ratis, Postgresql and YCSB
- Technical reviewer of the book "Effective Cybersecurity: A Guide to Using Best Practices and Standards" by Dr. William Stallings released on June 2018 (Acknowledged in Preface).