I am Vinay, a Senior Systems Engineer at Hewlett Packard Enterprise RnD Labs and a remote Research Fellow at Systems and Storage Lab, Univeristy of Texas at Austin under the guidance of Prof. Vijay Chidambaram. I am also currently working with Dr Kimberly Keeton on Gen-Z persistent fabric-attached memory applications.
My research interest is computer systems: data intensive distributed computing systems, storage systems, data privacy and large scale resource (compute, network and storage) orchestration in datacenters. Especially, my recent work focuses on designing and building benchmarks for persistent fabric attached memory architecture, determining the impact of privacy regulations on storage system’s design and performance by building a benchmarking tool, and finally designing and implementing intent driven hardware provisioning and placement algorithms.
|Oct 1, 2019||GDPRbench preprint now available on arXiv !!|
|Sep 20, 2019||Won first prize in TechnoBiz track at 8th IEEE international conference on Cloud Computing in Emerging Markets (CCEM)|
Patents and Publications
Understanding and Benchmarking the Impact of GDPR on Database Systems In submission at Very Large Data Bases (VLDB) 2020, 2019
Intent driven hardware placement recommendation using rack capability inference engine across datacenters Patent filed - 201941028122, 2019
Analyzing the Impact of GDPR on Storage Systems 11th USENIX Workshop on Hot Topics in Storage and File Systems (HotStorage). 2019
Intelligent orchestration of disaggregated applications based on class of service Patent filed - 201941004407, 2019
Preemptive compatibility failure detection using graph structure learning in datacenters US patent filed - 16/168821 and HPE TechCon’19, 2018
Topology based root cause triangulation of hardware issues in datacentres US patent filed - 16/048291, 2018
- Artifact Evaluation committee member: 27th ACM Symposium on Operating Systems Principles (SOSP) 2019
- Review committee member: HPE TechCon 2020
- Invited speaker: Virtue insight Blockchain 2019 conference -- How GDPR is a double edged sword for Blockchain, HPE TechCon 2019 -- Preemptive compatibility failure detection using graph structure learning in datacenters, HPE Software Defined Cloud Group Technical Symposium -- Generic DMTF Redfish device management in datacenters
- Open source contributions: Apache Ratis, Postgresql and YCSB
- Technical reviewer of the book "Effective Cybersecurity: A Guide to Using Best Practices and Standards" by Dr. William Stallings released on June 2018 (Acknowledged in Preface).