I am Vinay, a PhD student in the Computer Sciences Department at The University of Wisconsin-Madison. I am part of the ADSL lab, advised by Prof. Andrea Arpacı-Dusseau and Prof. Remzi Arpacı-Dusseau. I am also a Research Collaborator at the Microsoft Gray Systems Lab.
My research interest is computer systems: Byte-Addressable Storage, distributed storage systems, and systems for ML. My current focus is on exploring new Data-Intensive computing paradigms for Byte-Addressable Storage.
Previously, I was a Senior Systems Engineer at Hewlett Packard Enterprise RnD Labs and a remote Research Fellow at Systems and Storage Lab, University of Texas at Austin.
|Apr 15, 2023||WiscSort has been accepted at VLDB 2023|
|Dec 1, 2022||Invited talk at the Microsoft Gray Systems Lab seminar|
|Nov 17, 2022||Passed my P.h.D qualifying exam! 😄|
|Sep 22, 2022||Presented WiscSort poster at Wisconsin DataBase Affiliates 2022.|
Patents and Publications
WiscSort: External Sorting for Byte Addressable Storage Proc. VLDB Endow. 2023
CIED - rapid composability of rack scale resources using Capability Inference Engine across Datacenters 2020 IEEE Infrastructure Conference 2020
Intent driven hardware placement recommendation using rack capability inference engine across datacenters U.S. Patent US20210014998A1, 2019
Intelligent orchestration of disaggregated applications based on class of service U.S. Patent US20200249999A1, 2019
Preemptive compatibility failure detection using graph structure learning in datacenters U.S. Patent US10938623B2 and HPE TechCon’19, 2018
Topology based root cause triangulation of hardware issues in datacentres U.S. Patent US10831587B2, 2018
- Artifact Evaluation committee member:
- Review committee member: HPE TechCon 2020
- Invited speaker: Virtue insight Blockchain 2019 conference -- How GDPR is a double edged sword for Blockchain, HPE TechCon 2019 -- Preemptive compatibility failure detection using graph structure learning in datacenters, HPE Software Defined Cloud Group Technical Symposium -- Generic DMTF Redfish device management in datacenters
- Open source contributions: Apache Ratis, Postgresql and YCSB
- Technical reviewer of the book "Effective Cybersecurity: A Guide to Using Best Practices and Standards" by Dr. William Stallings released on June 2018 (Acknowledged in Preface).